[Hackrf-dev] Amp On or Off

Daniel Bernhardt daniel at dbernhardt.com
Wed Jul 1 11:02:04 EDT 2015

> Now the amp is presumed blown it acts more like an attenuator, i.e. signals are weaker with it switched on.
Not regarding your specific case:
Is there a definitive way to determine if ones preamp is blown or not? For all we know it could be a faulty antenna setup or a cabling issue. Is the amp completely bypassed if turned off or just not amplifying? What are the symptomps of a "blown" amp? Does it short or are there signals coming through much weaker due to some cuppling effects?
Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Just beeing curious.

Daniel