[Hackrf-dev] Low TX power

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Sat Jan 31 07:43:59 EST 2015

Hi all,

Bought a HackRF a few months back, never properly measured the output power
on it when I got it unfortunately, but it has certainly dropped at some
point in the last few months.

I finally got the chance to put it on a spectrum analyzer the other day.
Transmitting a single carrier, I'm seeing a maximum of -30dBm output power
at 14MHz. Only a few dB difference noticed when turning the RF Gain setting
from 0 to 14dBm (This does actually do something, doesn't it?)

Any thoughts? I have the facilities to replace QFN components if required...

Cheers,
Mark VK5QI