[Hackrf-dev] HackRF One coverage

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Dec 9 16:17:01 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 07:43:51PM +0000, Paul Connolly wrote:

> It does, but calling one "RX VGA" and the other one "TX VGA", you
> would expect them to be the same to be consistent in Gnuradio.

I still don't see any inconsistency.  Calling them both "VGA" (Variable
Gain Amplifier) is consistent with the hardware design (see MAX2837 data
sheet).  The RX VGA is in the baseband (BB) stage.  The TX VGA is in the
intermediate frequency (IF) stage.  GNU Radio (really gr-osmosdr) refers
to them by stage.

Mike