[Hackrf-dev] HackRF One coverage

Mitja kocjančič veso266 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:02:33 EST 2015

TX Power depends on varaety of factors (frequency, IF, RF, BB Gain)
unfortiunatly there is no TX Power value in osmocom block so that means you
must tinker with RF and IF Gain (if you want 15dbm on 76 Mhz you put
everything to maximum (as I can't remember maximum values for IF, RF and BB
Gain I just put 1000 in every field)

On which frequency did you mesure coverage? (I can get (on 76 Mhz) 1 KM
using ANT500 Antena (you can always use external amplifier to boost the
coverage or you can any directional antena (yagi for instance (antena
designed for specific freqency like 98Mhz (it works on upper frequencys too
but it won't preform as well))

I know that if I try to transmitt AM below 10 Mhz like 1 Mhz or 918khz I
can't even get to 1m if I try on 10 Mhz I can get 2 meters
I didn't try on 2 GHZ because I don't have any good equpment (that would
demodulate signal only) I have RTL-SDR But thats crap for sensitivity so
don't use it to mesure anything