[Hackrf-dev] phantom broadcasts.... help!

Jeff Detmold jdetmold at is-home.ca
Mon Sep 29 17:18:52 EDT 2014

thanks but unfortunately no help I played with lots of different gain setting the issue is weaker signals are overpowered my the phantom signals from more powerful signals.

you can see what i mean in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=804YykoJG84 in the video bandwidth is set to 16 so i get phantom broadcasts 16mhz above the real signal not quite as strong as the real signal but almost

jeff

> shows up as a jawbreaker (is this expected?)
In SDR# this is what everyone sees.

> Still have not been able to receive anything but broadcast fm.
After you click on the play/start button in SDR#  then click on the gear wheel (the configuration button) and increase your LNA gain to 16/24/32dB and your VGA gain to 16-40dB (only adjustable when active).
Since you live near some very strong RF sources you probably should never enable the all frequency pre-"Amp" (unless you want to do some soldering). (see:https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/HackRF-One#receive-power )