[Hackrf-dev] phantom broadcasts.... help!

Jeff Detmold jdetmold at is-home.ca
Mon Sep 29 12:16:52 EDT 2014

So I just got my HackRf One first thing i did was update to 2014.08.1,
and test it with sdr# I have tried both the current install as well as nightly builds. first off I noticed it shows up as a jawbreaker (is this expected?).
fm broadcast stations appear where I would expect however 103.1mhz for example shows up at 103.1mhz but also at 119.1mhz... this seems.... odd, I find nothing in the air band from the local airport although it is very near (my handheld scanner picks up the tower without an antenna attached).

Did i miss something altogether? or is it a hardware issue?

I have figured out that the position of the phantom frequencies are based on my sample rate. If I set it to 10 then 106.1 shows up again at 116.1. If the sample rate is set to 16 then 106.1 shows again at 122.1. Still have not been able to receive anything but broadcast fm. But I have found repeating "noise" throughout all bands again repeating based on sample rate

Thanks!

Jeff