[Hackrf-dev] firmware update

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Sep 24 10:29:32 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:54:18PM +0000, McDonald, J Douglas wrote:

> Do the HackRFs mailed out on the first day of actual commercial sales
> have the current firmware? If not, what symptoms does this cause?

All HackRF Ones have shipped with firmware from git between the
2014.04.1 and 2014.08.1 releases.  (It would have been 2014.04.1, but
there was a quick fix needed to solve a factory test problem.)

For information on the 2014.08.1 release, see the release notes:

https://pairlist9.pair.net/pipermail/hackrf-dev/2014-August/000463.html

> I read here about mixups betwen signed and unsigned numbers ... are
> this version of the firmware and the current Gnuradio Live DVD-ROM
> download "in sync" with regards to this?

Yes, you should have signed samples everywhere.

Mike