[Hackrf-dev] Run out of options to get HackRF One working :(

ccrypti at nym.hush.com ccrypti at nym.hush.com
Thu Oct 30 14:54:55 EDT 2014

Hi Simon / All,

With the antenna using the rtl usb stick i can receive FM fine. I
thought the ANT500 is better than the standard antenna which comes
with most of those usb dongles ? I tested the continuity of the
ANT500 which is good. Shield and antenna have none, but the inner
pin and antenna have continuity.

Also i just installed the 2.3 beta which now displays the hackrf
one as an option. But still no go on the usual FM frequencies, just
noise or silence when selecting a peak.

I bought also a few other antennas for specific ranges like 2.4
Ghz. How can i use the 2.4 Ghz antenna to determine if the hackrf
works ? I mean i can connect it and go to 2.4 Ghz, but what is a
typical sound or view to know it is working as it should ?

Thanks,

Micky