[Hackrf-dev] Possibly Defective HackRF One?

Todd Harrison toddrharrison at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 16:31:27 EDT 2014

I'm in just about the same boat. However, I got my HackRF One from the
kickstarter campaign. I'm not ready to give up just yet because I'm going
through Michael Ossmann's video lessons and using Pentoo. I haven't been
getting satisfactory reception from Windows software even when using a
great 20 meter band loop antenna that is 15 feet off the ground. I'm just
hoping the Linux setup and software gives better results, however,
broadcast radio receptions was poor during the first video tutorial on
Pentoo. I have also update the firmware and CPLD from Pentoo. I have not
transmitted yet. I'm not a very experienced ham or SDR user so I will have
to draw my conclusions once I'm done with all the video lessons.

Todd Harrison
www.ToddFun.com