[Hackrf-dev] hackrf issues with gqrx

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 00:39:10 EST 2014

Maybe this helps:

Take a few minutes to run volk_profile. This will run some benchmarks on
various optimized versions of important math routines to find the fastest
version on your system. If you don't do this, you'll be using the generic
versions which could be significantly slower and may contribute to the
problems you're seeing.

[Other] with "hackrf=0" means your hackrf is detected and being used. Watch
the "RX" light on the HackRF while starting GQRX - it should come on.

I get tons of "O" spam if the DSP is turned off. Start the GQRX DSP with
Ctrl-D

If you're hearing lots of static, you could turn demod off, or turn the
squelch up until you find a good strong station.

Have you tried carefully adjusting the gain to pull out a good signal while
not increasing noise too much?

Using the wrong demodulator can cause poor sound quality. Check that you're
using the right demodulation type - start with WFM mono for commercial FM
radio stations.

If you've tuned to a strong station with the correct demodulator and the
sound is still crunchy, try turning down the sample rate to 8Msps and
closing other programs. Your machine might not be quite fast enough to keep
up with higher sample rates.