[Hackrf-dev] hackrf issues with gqrx

Lonnie ldbrouwer at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 21:06:11 EST 2014

Hello,

Just received my HackRFOne and used the Installing gnuradio on Ubuntu 14.04
with the packaging manager from the Hackrf wiki page. Before installing
gnuradio, I reinstalled Ubuntu to insure a clean OS. I can see the HackRF
using hackrf_info and I updated the firmware. When I start gqrx (from
terminal or the icon) I can't find HackRF in the Device line of the
Configure IO window - instead it uses "other" (it does have "hackrf=0" in
the Device string). In addition, the audio output is loud and crackling
regardless of the sample rate, and a constant string of
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" flows in the open terminal window. The Hackrf works
fine with SDR# on my Windows machine. Any help would be appreciated!

                Lonnie