[Hackrf-dev] Receiving Airband on the upper 1Ghz?

Ariel Diaz adiaz133 at mail.valenciacollege.edu
Sat Dec 27 21:47:11 EST 2014

I am wondering if anyone would help me figure out whats going on with the reception on my HackRF. I have been receiving the airband traffic on the upper 1.7 Ghz for some reason. The same thing goes for trunked system within the 450 mhz I am receiving them in the 1.4 Ghz range. I had been using a Diamond D3000N discone antenna and somehow thought I somehow the omnidirectional properties could be part of it given the proximity to some trunked systems and the passing air traffic. Since I have switched to an LPDA from WA5VJB pointed away from such traffic yet, I am seeing the same issue with getting traffic from both bands on the upper 1Ghz range.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.?