[Hackrf-dev] External Flash (W25Q80BV) removal

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Sat Dec 20 14:02:16 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:22:09AM +0100, Fabian Noeller wrote:

> i do some embedded SDR with die hackrf and i want to use the HackRF
> als SPI Slave to my dsp board, but there is no free spi so ein
> thinking about removing the External Flash (W25Q80BV).

You can use SSP0 for an external interface without removing the flash
chip.  With normal HackRF One firmware (rom_to_ram), the flash is no
longer used after the code loads itself into RAM at boot time.  The only
think you might interfere with is the firmware update (hackrf_spiflash)
process, so you might have to use the DFU method when you want to do
that.

Mike