[Hackrf-dev] External Flash (W25Q80BV) removal

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 06:32:53 EST 2014

On 16 December 2014 at 10:22, Fabian Noeller <fabian.noeller at gmail.com> wrote:

> i got a little question about the external flash. Why use an external flash
> instead of the internal of the LPC4320?

I don't believe that the 4320 has any flash, other models in the 43xx
range do, but not the 4320.

> i do some embedded SDR with die hackrf and i want to use the HackRF als SPI
> Slave to my dsp board, but there is no free spi so ein thinking about
> removing the External Flash (W25Q80BV).

Could you implement it in firmware using the GPIO pins that are
exposed on the headers?

> Will there any problem for flashing the "ram" version of the Hackrf Firmware
> after removing the external flash ?

I had a Jawbreaker board without a flash chip, it worked OK as long as
I wrote the firmware to RAM each time I plugged it in.  However, I
don't recommend choosing to do this.