[Hackrf-dev] Is there a simple step-by-step guide to building the hackrf firmware?

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:41:14 EDT 2013

Tony,

I only worked this out for myself last week, so there could be subtleties
that I'm missing.

On 3 October 2013 17:02, Tony Naggs <tonynaggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Cygwin64 on Windows 7, with the gcc arm tools installed in

Windows, and PyYAML installed in Cygwin.

That sounds like it's right, I'm using ubuntu, so I can't comment on the
windows specific setup, but I don't think you'll need anything else.

> So far I have git cloned hackrf, and then mossmann's fork of libopencm3

into hackrf/libopencm3.

Is libopencm3 in hackrf/firmware/libopencm3? You can use git's submodule
features to get libopencm3 in the correct place or just clone/move it to
the right place.

> For libopencm3 I can't see how to just build for lpc43xx, so just 'make'.

If libopencm3 is in the firmware directory, then you can skip the step of
building the library separately and go straight to building the firmware
that you need.

Let me know if you have any more questions that I might be able to help
with,
Dominic