[Hackrf-dev] Is there a simple step-by-step guide to building the hackrf firmware?

Tony Naggs tonynaggs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:02:18 EDT 2013

Probably I have spent too much time programming in pretty GUIs, as I'm
struggling to get this setup. :-(

I'm using Cygwin64 on Windows 7, with the gcc arm tools installed in
Windows, and PyYAML installed in Cygwin.

So far I have git cloned hackrf, and then mossmann's fork of libopencm3
into hackrf/libopencm3.

For libopencm3 I can't see how to just build for lpc43xx, so just 'make'.
Compiling the .c files goes well, and then everything stops:
[...]
AR libopencm3_stm32f0.a
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.7
2013q3\bin\arm-none-eabi-ar.exe:
/home/tonyn/projects/hackrf/libopencm3/lib/libopencm3_stm32f0.a: No such
file or directory
../../Makefile.include:32: recipe for target
`/home/tonyn/projects/hackrf/libopencm3/lib/libopencm3_stm32f0.a' failed
make[1]: ***
[/home/tonyn/projects/hackrf/libopencm3/lib/libopencm3_stm32f0.a] Error 1
make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Makefile:67: recipe for target `lib/stm32/f0' failed
make: *** [lib/stm32/f0] Error 2

Presumably I have missed an important & obvious step ... any pointers
welcome!

Cheers,
Tony