[Hackrf-dev] what version of gnu radio?

Tom Rondeau tom at trondeau.com
Thu Jun 20 20:57:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM, George Nychis <gnychis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,

> What versions of GNU Radio are you using? I'm still trying to find

> one that works to get HackRF up and running. I have a Mac host and a

> Ubuntu 12.04 guest in a Parallels virtual machine.

> If I use the 'master' gnuradio branch, I don't get any GUIs to show

> up... some bug must exist that I'm still trying to hunt down. if I use

> 'maint' then everything works, but gr-osmosdr (for hackrf related

> goodies) complains that I'm not running GR 3.7.0.

> Just curious what everyone is running it on.

> - George

FWIW, I've been using it on 13.04 with GNU Radio's master (3.7
branch). I had my own version of gr-osmosdr updated for 3.7, but
should switch back over to their branch, now.

I'm really curious about your GUI issues since I've been using 3.7 on
a number of machines of different lineage and not had a problem.
Though I usually use the QT backend tools instead of the WX ones.

Tom