[Hackrf-dev] Hi & 1st stupid question... :)

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Tue Jun 18 10:01:24 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 09:56:05AM +0100, Adam Laurie wrote:

> I was using the build-gnuradio script as a starting point for all

> this, but have just discovered an updated version that actually does

> *everything* including installing hackrf itself, so I've added that to

> the wiki...

Thanks! Yes, build-gnuradio now is probably the preferred way to
install on distros that don't already support libhackrf.

Two caveats:

1. build-gnuradio doesn't install hackrf-tools, as Adam noted on the
wiki already. This might be something Marcus would agree to add if
someone sends him a patch.

2. build-gnuradio doesn't update the Jawbreaker firmware or place the
firmware binary anywhere, so you'll have to get the binary from the
release package (or compile it yourself) and install it:

https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Updating-Firmware