[Hackrf-dev] Group Buy? /Sick of Beige

Adam Laurie adam at aperturelabs.com
Fri Jul 5 06:18:27 EDT 2013

On 24/06/13 15:50, Tim Crisall wrote:

> Here are the details for the service I used to have a case made:

> http://www.ponoko.com <http://www.ponoko.com/>

> Material: Acrylic - Clear, 3.0 mm

> Template: P1 - 181.0 mm long x 181.0 mm wide

> Making: $2.87

> Material: $2.50

> Total: $5.37

> Shipping was on top of this.

> The P1 template is the smallest they have - it was more than I needed.

> Because I do not use a 'pay for front of the line service' it took about

> a week for it to be made and then shipping. My HackRF is still in

> shipping so I've not verified this worked but it certainly looks like

> the pictures. I'm planning on using #4x40 hardware salvaged from junk.

> I've attached my template should anyone be interested. (dunno if this

> attachment is going to work but wth)

thanks!

I've fed it into http://make.razorlab.co.uk/home (which is a UK front
end for ponoko) and the price (for 20 units) is:

Acrylic - Transparent - Neutral
3.0 mm
P1 - 181.0 mm long x 181.0 mm wide
Making: £64.00
Material: £33.00
Total: £97.00

i.e. 4.85 UKP plus shipping and VAT (shipping seems to be 6.50
regardless of quantity).

Changing the material to something funky like fluorescent acid green ups
it to 5.46 so I'm inclined to go that way... :)

Unless someone points out a better deal in the next few days I'm going
to go ahead and order a test unit or two and then if all is ok we'll
have a brief vote on colours/quantity and I'll place a bulk order...

Tim, please let me know if your original design was OK or it needed
tweaking when you got your test unit...

thanks,
Adam
--