[Hackrf-dev] success report

ikjtel ikj1234i at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 11:53:24 EDT 2013

Just wanted to pass along my experiences ..... installation was a snap (a ubuntu 12 box) and everything worked the first time - but only after updating the firmware, so it seemed.  Using gr-3.6.5.1 and the 3.6 branch of osmosdr.  There's an FFT app bundled with the osmocom package which I was able to view the entire FM bcast band (88-108 MHz) at once - this had not been possible here before!

Currently I'm just using the internal 900 MHz PCB antenna - even so the "big 3" local FM stations were plainly visible.  Next step will be to get rid of the internal bridge pad "44" and try out the unit with some "real" antennas and applications...

Many thanks to Mossmann for all the hard work.  One question - could not find a block diagram in the "schematics" section- did your GR-conf-2012 presentation include it?

73

Max