[Hackrf-dev] Best OS/Setup for HackRF/GRC

Russell Hande zefie at persona.cc
Fri Aug 9 22:31:54 EDT 2013

I actually have a LiveDVD that will install Ubuntu Linux 12.04 with
most of the tools you need to get started with minimal effort.
Post-release reports show that not everything is functional, but 90%
is, and anything that isn't can easily be re-compiled and
re-installed. You will need a 64-bit PC. Virtual Machines will work,
but with VERY low bandwidth. VMWare Workstation will not work, due to
USB communication errors. VirtualBox will, but the bandwidth is pretty
bad, and you may only be able to get 1msps or 2msps before it starts
wonking out (even with the USB 2.0 extensions), and sometimes it won't
work even then. A native install will not have these issues. Multiboot
is fine.

You can find more info about the LiveDVD here:
http://files.persona.cc/linux/ubuntu/ubuntu-12.04.2-custom-sdr-amd64.txt

And can download the LiveDVD here:
http://files.persona.cc/linux/ubuntu/ubuntu-12.04.2-custom-sdr-amd64.iso
(md5sum here: http://files.persona.cc/md5sum/linux/ubuntu/ubuntu-12.04.2-custom-sdr-amd64.iso