[Hackrf-dev] Problem building libhackrf on Debian 6.0/amd64.

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Fri Aug 2 08:49:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

I can't seem to build libhackrf and friends, and it appears as though
cmake isn't looking in /usr/include for the required headers. Output
below. Note that if I comment out the big endian test it just fails on
something else.

I tried a 2nd Debian 6.0 system, and a release as well as git, and got
the same results.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,

Andrew

--

andrew at snow:~/Work/Projects/HackRF/hackrf/host/build$ cmake ..
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - not found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - not found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - not found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - failed
-- Check size of unsigned int
-- Check size of unsigned int - failed
-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - failed
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44 (MESSAGE):
no suitable type found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
libhackrf/CMakeLists.txt:40 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)

--
Andrew Back
http://carrierdetect.com