[CMCEmail] CMC Outing Next Week!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Jun 24 21:56:28 EDT 2019

CMC Members -

Barnard East, Mt. Barnard, Trojan Peak, and Mt. Versteeg outing next week.
Contact Sean Casserly at casserly79 at gmail.com <mailto:casserly79 at gmail.com>
for more information about this outing.

July 4th - 7th                    Thursday - Sunday
Barnard East, Mt Barnard, Trojan Peak, Mt Versteeg

For the extended weekend, the plan is to climb 4 of the highest peaks in
California. We will meet Wednesday evening in Lone Pine and shuttle together
via the rough 4WD road to the trailhead. At sunrise, we will leave camp in
an effort to beat the heat. We will follow George Creek which has no
maintained trail and involves a lot of bushwhacking and several difficult
creek crossings. We will hike all day and camp where we can. On the second
day, we will ascend the neglected Barnard East which stands at 13,746 ft.
Afterwards we will traverse to Barnard Peak, a possible 14er. Then we will
descend to camp. On day 3 we will climb Trojan Peak and hopefully have
enough energy to traverse to Mt Versteeg via a class 2-3 ridge. Day 4 we
will hike out. Unfortunately, I only have 3 spots, and since the trip is
very strenuous, members will be chosen based on fitness level.  Email Sean
at  <mailto:casserly79 at gmail.com> casserly79 at gmail.com with your experience
and conditioning.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly