[CMCEmail] Another CMC Outing Added To The Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed Jan 16 10:35:25 EST 2019

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website ( <http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

July 4th - 7th                    Thursday - Sunday                   Barnard East, Mt Barnard, Trojan Peak, Mt Versteeg

For the extended weekend, the plan is to climb 4 of the highest peaks in California. We will meet Wednesday evening in Lone Pine and shuttle together via the rough 4WD road to the trailhead. At sunrise, we will leave camp in an effort to beat the heat. We will follow George Creek which has no maintained trail and involves a lot of bushwhacking and several difficult creek crossings. We will hike all day and camp where we can. On the second day, we will ascend the neglected Barnard East which stands at 13,746 ft. Afterwards we will traverse to Barnard Peak, a possible 14er. Then we will descend to camp. On day 3 we will climb Trojan Peak and hopefully have enough energy to traverse to Mt Versteeg via a class 2-3 ridge. Day 4 we will hike out. Unfortunately, I only have 3 spots, and since the trip is very strenuous, members will be chosen based on fitness level.  Email Sean at casserly79 at gmail.com <mailto:casserly79 at gmail.com>  with your experience and conditioning.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly