[CMCEmail] Another CMC Outing Added To The Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Feb 11 21:20:58 EST 2019

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

February 20th - 23rd                   Wednesday - Saturday
Bryce Canyon Backpack

Most people view Bryce Canyon from the overlooks alongside the road. Some
are daring enough to take a trail a short distance down into the canyon.
Very few ever backpack the whole length of it. Fewer still in winter.

I plan to do a multiday backpack of the entire length of Bryce Canyon. The
total distance is less than 25 miles but the weather and snow conditions
will determine how much of a challenge this is. I'm suggesting four days to
be on the safe side but it could take a little longer or we might finish a
little early. I've never done this before so I can't say for sure. All I can
say with some confidence is that Bryce in the snow should be gorgeous.

This trip is open to anyone who is interested in a (hopefully) moderate snow
camping experience. No special skills are required but anyone interested
should be prepared for the cold. I'm guessing highs around freezing and lows
around zero or less so be sure to pack a sweater.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com
<mailto:frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com>

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover