[CMCEmail] Two New CMC Outings Added To The Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Jan 22 23:27:49 EST 2018

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website ( <http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

March 30th - April 1st                             Friday – Sunday                     Mount Shasta - Ski Mountaineering

                                                                             or

April 27th - April 29th                             Friday – Sunday                     Mount Shasta - Ski Mountaineering

Looking for some mountaineers that also backcountry ski or snowboard, and would be interested in an outing on Mount Shasta this year near a full moon.  The tentative plan is to ascend to the top of Giddy Giddy Gulch on Friday to make camp.  Saturday would be an ascent of either Casaval Ridge or the West Face Gully, and followed by a ski/board descent of Avalanche Gulch back to camp.  Depending upon the time of day we may break camp and ski/board all the way back to Bunny Flat on Saturday.  Minimum gear will be ice axes, crampons, avalanche gear, and AT skis/splitboards.  Actual trip dates will depend on weather and interest.  Send an email with experience/conditioning to jakecattleco at yahoo.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER:  Chris Jakober

August 9th - 12th                  Thursday - Sunday                 Arrow Peak and Mount Ruskin

Do you enjoy scrambling and stars?  If so join me for an August attempt on two California SPS Mountaineers Peaks. On Thursday we'll hike up and over Taboose Pass to Bench Lake, approximately 11.5 miles with 6K of gain.  Friday we'll ascend Arrow Peak, likely by the Northeast Spur.  Saturday we'll ascend Mount Ruskin by the Southwest slope, South Ridge, or East Ridge.  Sunday will be the hike out and drive home.  This trip will include Class 2-3+ scrambling.  Dates for the trip are during a new moon, so there should be plenty of star gazing.  Send an email with experience/conditioning to jakecattleco at yahoo.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober