[CMCEmail] New CMC Outings Added To The Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Jan 24 11:14:38 EST 2017

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

January 27th - 29th                        Friday - Sunday
Death Valley Peak Bagging

With all the weather, I am choosing some desert peaks with relatively low
elevation that can be started from major highways.

Friday: Leave from Ridgecrest. 15 mile RT hike up Panamint Butte (DPS) and
Towne Benchmark (P2k) from Towne Pass. Drive to Beatty, NV.

Saturday: Hike Corkscrew Peak (DPS) then drive south to hike Eagle Mountain
(DPS). Stay in Death Valley Junction.

Sunday: Brown Peak (DPS) from Hwy 127. Drive home.

Class 3 scrambling on wet rocks may be required!

Send e-mail with vehicle info and conditioning/experience to Sean Casserly
at  <mailto:casserly79 at gmail.com> casserly79 at gmail.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly

February 18th - 19th                 Saturday - Sunday
Joint CMC, & DPS Outing:  Old Dad Mtn. (4252'), Table Top (6178'), Mescal
Range High Point (6499'), Kokoweef Peak (6037'), and Striped Mtn. (5955')

Join us for day hikes to peaks listed in Andy Zdon's famous desert peaks
guidebook, including one listed DPS peak. On Saturday, climb Old Dad Mtn.
(class 2, 3.5 miles, 1800' gain) and Table Top (class 2, 5.5 miles, 1000'
gain). Car camp and traditional DPS Happy Hour and potluck in the Mojave
National Preserve near Table Top Saturday evening. Sunday climb 3 peaks
situated close together just south of Mountain Pass off of I-15: Mescal
Range HP, Kokoweef Peak and Striped Mtn. (total of 6.5 miles, 2700' gain for
all three). 4WD vehicles recommended. Send e-mail with vehicle info,
conditioning/experience to Daryn Dodge at  <mailto:daryn.dodge at oehha.ca.gov>
daryn.dodge at oehha.ca.gov.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Daryn Dodge, CO-LEADER: Kathy Rich.