[CMCEmail] CMC Outings This Weekened!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Apr 11 21:05:51 EDT 2016

CMC Members-

Two outings to choose from this weekend!   Canyoneering in Zion National
Park, or skiing/boarding/snow climbing on Mount Lassen!

Let's get out there!

April 16th - 17th                Saturday and/or Sunday              Lassen
Peak BC Skiing/Boarding

Do you enjoy Cascade volcanoes in the Spring?  Better yet, do you love corn
snow turns with minimal approach?  If so join me for an impromptu trip to
Lassen National Park.  The park road is cleared from the North entrance to
the Devastated Area.  With any luck, they will open the road to vehicle
traffic this week.  That means the NE face is definitely fair game for some
skiing/boarding.  My plan is to drive to the Devastated Area parking lot on
Friday evening.  Spend both Saturday and Sunday car camping and earning some
turns on the NE face and possibly the North slope of Lassen.  To get an idea
of what this trip will entail, here's a link from the same trip a couple
years ago  <http://splitboard.com/talk/topic/lassen-ne-face-58-1009/>
http://splitboard.com/talk/topic/lassen-ne-face-58-1009/.  While the main
emphasis of the trip is to get some great Spring corn turns, if folks are
interested in simply climbing the peak feel free to join in the fun.  This
trip will include snow/ice travel up to 45 degrees.  Send an email with
experience/conditioning to  <mailto:chris.jakober at gmail.com>
chris.jakober at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober

Apr 16 - ???                          Saturday-???
Zion Canyoneering

Join me for a post-tax day, spring canyoneering adventure in Zion National
Park. The canyons we do will be decided by the skill and interest of the
participants. Ideally, we would do a multiday backpack and canyon, either
the Right Fork of Great West Canyon, or Parunuweap Canyon as well as some
single day canyons, but the participants will decide.  Feel free to join us
for all, or part of the trip. Participants should be in appropriate physical
condition for whatever they chose, and be comfortable rappelling and down
climbing modest but unprotected drops. Canyoneering experience is not
required, but required gear includes a helmet, wetsuit, and personal
rappelling gear. All this can be rented, if needed, in Springdale, just
outside the park.

Our backpack will take 3 days. After that, I will be around Zion for as long
as anyone wants to descend canyons or go hiking.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover