[CMCEmail] New CMC Outings added to the schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sun Apr 10 10:37:52 EDT 2016

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

April 16th - 17th                Saturday and/or Sunday              Lassen
Peak BC Skiing/Boarding

Do you enjoy Cascade volcanoes in the Spring?  Better yet, do you love corn
snow turns with minimal approach?  If so join me for an impromptu trip to
Lassen National Park.  The park road is cleared from the North entrance to
the Devastated Area.  With any luck, they will open the road to vehicle
traffic this week.  That means the NE face is definitely fair game for some
skiing/boarding.  My plan is to drive to the Devastated Area parking lot on
Friday evening.  Spend both Saturday and Sunday car camping and earning some
turns on the NE face and possibly the North slope of Lassen.  To get an idea
of what this trip will entail, here's a link from the same trip a couple
years ago http://splitboard.com/talk/topic/lassen-ne-face-58-1009/.  While
the main emphasis of the trip is to get some great Spring corn turns, if
folks are interested in simply climbing the peak feel free to join in the
fun.  This trip will include snow/ice travel up to 45 degrees.  Send an
email with experience/conditioning to chris.jakober at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober

October 7th - 9th                       Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree

Join me for any number of fun outdoor activities in Joshua Tree National
Park - rock climbing, hiking, bike riding, just to name a few.  I've
reserved four family campsites for Friday and Saturday night in Indian Cove.
Each site has space for 6 people and 2 vehicles.  Friends and family are
welcome, but MUST be accompanied by a CMC member.  We'll have a campfire on
Friday and Saturday night, with an option to eat dinner at Edchadas Saturday
night.  Parking will be limited on this trip, so carpooling is a must.
Email Joe for additional information at:
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> joewhite328 at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White