[CMCEmail] New CMC Outing Added to the schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Fri May 22 21:01:45 EDT 2015

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

June 13th                                  Saturday
Little Santa Anita Canyon

Join me for a local canyoneering outing in the San Gabriel Mountains.
Little Santa Anita Canyon winds alongside the Mt. Wilson Trail above Sierra
Madre and will afford 10-12 rappels.  The hike to the drop in point, First
Water, is only one mile from the trailhead.   The rappels are between 25 and
50 feet.  No prior canyoneering experience is necessary so this is your
chance if you've done little or no canyoneering; however, you should have
good rappelling skills.  Seat harness, helmet and some sort of safety tether
for clipping to the anchor while rigging for rappel are required and you
might want gloves for rappelling depending on your preference.  There is
poison oak in the canyon so be prepared. You may get your feet wet so bring
appropriate footwear.  We will have to hop a fence to exit the canyon. The
trailhead is on the north end of Sierra Madre and I will provide driving
directions before the event.  We will meet there at 8 a.m.  I am looking to
top out at 8 participants. Send email to Augie Medina and indicate any
canyoneering experience at: amedina463 at gmail.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Augie Medina