[CMCEmail] New CMC Outing Added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Jun 18 10:45:34 EDT 2015

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

Sept 6th - 7th               Sunday-Monday                   CMC, DPS, &
Great Basin Peaks Section (Toiyabe Chapter) M: King Lear Peak (8923') and
Duffer Peak (9397')

Join us for one or both of these Great Basin desert peaks located in
northwestern Nevada near the Black Rock Desert. On Sunday, we will approach
King Lear Peak by driving from the east via Hwy 140 and Trout Creek Rd. From
there, we will climb the slopes and cliffs of King Lear Peak to just north
of the summit ridge, and then head south to the summit (~ 6 mi r/t and 3400'
gain, cl 2-3).  We'll then drive north roughly 70 miles to Onion Valley
Reservoir and camp near the trailhead for Duffer Peak.  On Monday (Labor
Day) we'll hike south towards Bare Pass where we'll first climb the higher
cl 3 south summit of Duffer Peak, then run the easy cl 3 ridge to the named
north summit.  ~6-7 mi r/t, 1800' gain, and some bushwhacking around lakes
below Bare Pass.  Helmets mandatory. Send conditioning, 3rd class rock
experience, carpool and contact information to Daryn Dodge at
daryn.dodge at oehha.ca.gov.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Daryn Dodge, CO-LEADER: Kathy Rich.