[CMCEmail] New CMC outing added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Jun 8 23:44:50 EDT 2015

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

June 20th - 21st                        Saturday-Sunday
Mt. Shasta: Hotlum-Wintun Descent

Have you always wanted to ski or snowboard Mt. Shasta?  Depending upon the
snowpack, the Hotlum-Wintun route
<http://www.summitpost.org/hotlum-wintun-ridge/165904>  can offer almost
7,000 feet of backcountry turns.  The completion of this trip will be
strongly tied to a favorable forecast for corn snow conditions.  The
tentative plan would be to rendezvous in Mt. Shasta city on Saturday and
then make our way to the Brewer Creek trailhead on the East side of the
mountain.  Our single day ascent/descent would begin a little after midnight
with the plan to summit mid-morning.  The descent would begin around noon,
followed by the hike out to the vehicles, and the drive home.  Updated
conditions for Mt Shasta can be found at Shastaavalanche.org
<http://shastaavalanche.org/> .  Send an email with experience/conditioning
to chris.jakober at gmail.com.
LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober