[CMCEmail] Lake Fire Update

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Jul 16 20:23:45 EDT 2015

San Bernardino, Calif., July 16, 2015 - US Forest Service officials
re-opened portions of the area closed during the Lake Fire today. The areas
closed on June 17, as a result of the 31,359 acre Lake Fire.

The areas reopened include all campgrounds in the Barton Flats and Heartbar
areas, including Jenks Lake picnic area. Included in the re-opening were
hiking trails outside of the burned area.

"Forsee Creek, San Bernardino Peak, Momyer, and Vivian Creek trailheads
offer a great opportunity to create through hikes that include the popular
San Bernardino and San Gorgonio peaks," said Deputy Forest Supervisor John
D. Exline. "Visitors can call our Mill Creek Visitor Center and our staff
will help plan any enjoyable trip to the forest."

The Pacific Crest Trail will remain closed from National Forest boundary
south of Mission Springs to Onyx Summit, south of Big Bear, along with the
portion of the Santa Ana River Trail south of State Highway 38.

TS