[CMCEmail] New CMC outing added!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sat Aug 22 18:00:27 EDT 2015

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website ( <http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

October 2nd -4th                        Friday-Sunday            Kitadake, Ainodake, Notoridake AKA Shirane-sanzan Trio (Japan)

The Shirane-sanzan trio is a set of peaks in the Minami Alps with the crown jewel being Kitadake, Japan's second tallest mountain. As of now, trip itinerary is pretty open, but initial thoughts are as follows. From Tokyo, take the train to Kofu, then transfer to a bus which would take us to the trailhead. Following day climb towards Kitadake, where we could stay at a high altitude hut either before of after obtaining the summit. The final day would traverse to the other two peaks, and eventually descend back to the trailhead, where we would take a bus back to the Kofu train station. October is the best hiking season in Japan! If interested contact Sean Casserly:  casserly79 at gmail.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly