[CMCEmail] CMC Outings

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Jul 1 10:58:52 EDT 2013

CMC SUMMER OUTINGS:

July 4th - 7th Thursday - Sunday
Deerhorn Mountain

The plan is to climb the NE Ridge (Class 3-4) of Deerhorn Mountain and the
north ridge of Mount Stanford (class 3). We will be going in over Kearsarge
Pass to Bullfrog Lake trails to the John Muir Trail. We will leave the trail
in Vidette Meadow and hike cross-country up the Vidette Creek drainage to
the base of the peak. Round trip stats from the Onion Valley trailhead are
approximately 27 miles and 8,500 feet of gain. Contact Jan Lorenzen:
<mailto:jlorenzen1 at cox.net> jlorenzen1 at cox.net

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Jan Lorenzen

July 11th -14th Thursday -
Sunday Sierra Nevada
Easily paced backpack in to climb Iron Mountain (11,149') out of Devils
Postpile. Eight mile backpack in to Corral Meadow, with eight miles
round-trip to climb up to Iron Lake and do the peak. We will be taking our
time and enjoying the scenery.
Contact leader at: terryjflood at gmail.com.
LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Terry Flood, ASST. LEADER: Henry Arnebold

August 2nd - 4th Friday-Sunday
Summer Friends/Family Membership Outing

The annual CMC Summer Outing location will be in the Eastern Sierra, west of
Independence, at the Onion Valley Campground. We have four campsites
reserved for Friday and Saturday night. Each site has space for 6 people
and 1 vehicle, and additional parking is available for a $5.00 fee, or free
at the backpacker parking lot. This outing/location has something for
everyone - climbing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, site seeing or just
hanging out in camp. If you're interested in a specific activity, please
make arrangements with others on the trip roster. Friends and family are
welcome, but MUST be accompanied by a CMC member. Please contact Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net and/or Henry
at <mailto:harnebold at gmail.com> harnebold at gmail.com for additional
information.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Henry Arnebold

August 3rd - 10th Saturday - Saturday
Black, Red and Mt. Kaweah

Come join us for a week long adventure into one of the most scenic areas in
the Sierra. From the Mineral King trailhead we will head over Sawmill pass
and down into the Big Arroyo before heading up to a camp that puts us in
position to climb our main objectives: Black Kaweah, Red Kaweah and Mt.
Kaweah. Other climbing objectives may also be attempted depending on group
gusto. Participants must be in good physical condition and comfortable with
class 3 climbing. Send recent experience and conditioning to Ron (
<mailto:rsnorton473 at yahoo.com> rsnorton473 at yahoo.com).

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Ron Norton

August 23rd - 27th Friday-Tuesday
Miter Basin

Join us for some climbing fun and adventure as we head over Cottonwood Pass,
north into beautiful Miter Basin. This trip will provide an opportunity to
climb five peaks, including one fourteener! Thursday afternoon, meet at
Cottonwood Pass trailhead (optional Thursday afternoon start!) and stay the
night. Friday, backpack into Miter Basin (12 miles), and set up camp south
of Sky Blue Lake. Saturday, climb Joe Devel Peak (13,325') via the
Northeast Ridge - class 2, and Mount Pickering (13,485) via the Southwest
slope - class 2. Sunday, climb Mount Newcomb (13,410') via the Northeast
Ridge - class 3. Monday, move camp to upper South Fork Lakes, stopping
along the way to climb The Major General (12,400') Southwest slopes - class
1, and Mount Langley (14,042') South Slopes - class 1. Tuesday, hike out
and drive home. Participants must be in good physical condition, and
comfortable on un-roped class 3. Helmet and bear canister required. Send
email with experience/conditioning to Joe at josephlwhite at earthlink.net, or
Henry at harnebold at gmail.com.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Henry Arnebold.