[CMCEmail] New CMC Outings

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Jan 10 00:13:49 EST 2013

CMC Members-

The following outings have been added to the schedule:

(Note - for the complete outings schedule, please visit the CMC website at
www.californiamountaineer.com).

-----------------

Jan. 19th -20th Saturday - Sunday
Death Valley Peaks

Some easy to moderate peaks in the Darwin Hills and Dantes View area within
Death Valley with some dirt road driving involved. Moderate climbs of Ryan
benchmark (5,148') and Darwin benchmark (5,979') would be day-hikes with
some cross-country scrambling. Contact leader at:
<mailto:terryjflood at gmail.com> terryjflood at gmail.com LEADER/ORGANIZER:
Terry Flood, Asst. Leader: Henry Arnebold

Feb. 15th -17th Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree Peaks

Some easy to moderate peaks in the Cottonwood Mountains area within Joshua
Tree with high-clearance vehicles recommended. Moderate climbs of the
highpoint of the Cottonwood Mountains (4,493') and others would be day-hikes
with some cross-country scrambling. We may stay with the CMC group in Indian
Cove campground to at least share dinner on Saturday nite.

Contact leader at: <mailto:terryjflood at gmail.com> terryjflood at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Terry Flood, Asst. Leader: Henry Arnebold

March 2nd Saturday
Galena Peak (9,330')

Galena Peak (9,330) is a fun local snow climb near San Gorgonio Mountain in
the San Bernardino National Forest. This is a great pre-sierra season
warm-up snow climb, 6 miles with 3,200 feet of gain. Ice axe and crampons
required. Send email with experience/conditioning to Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White

March 16th Saturday
Winter Membership Outing

This year's Winter Membership Outing will be held on the north slopes of San
Gorgonio, in Horse Meadows. Join us for a fun day practicing snow skills,
and/or skiing and snowshoeing. Ski, snowshoe, or hike (1.5 miles+/-) to the
Horse Meadows area. We plan to practice snow anchors, ice axe arrest, "Z"
and "C" crevasse rescue systems, roped team travel and fixed line travel.
Note: if we are lacking local snow, the outing may relocate to the sierra.
Send email with experience/conditioning to Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net, or Tom at
<mailto:tritchie at rkmattorneys.com> tritchie at rkmattorneys.com.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Tom Ritchie

May 3rd - 5th Friday - Sunday
Eastern Sierra Backcountry Skiing

We are looking for some backcountry skiers or boarders who would be
interested in joining us for some backcountry skiing in the eastern sierra.
Prefer day trips only, so our packs will be light! Conditions will
determine the final location but the general idea is to car camp in an area
and make single day ascents/descents. Low snow pack may prompt the pursuit
of turn-free objectives. Send an email to Chris (jakecattleco at yahoo.com )
or Ron (rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) if interested.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton and Chris Jakober

August 3rd - 10th Saturday - Saturday.
Black, Red and Mt. Kaweah

Come join us for a week long adventure into one of the most scenic areas in
the Sierra. From the Mineral King trailhead we will head over Sawmill pass
and down into the Big Arroyo before heading up to a camp that puts us in
position to climb our main objectives: Black Kaweah, Red Kaweah and Mt.
Kaweah. Other climbing objectives may also be attempted depending on group
gusto. Participants must be in good physical condition and comfortable with
class 3 climbing. Send recent experience and conditioning to Ron
(rsnorton473 at yahoo.com).

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Ron Norton