[CMCEmail] Onion Valley, Nov. 20-22

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Nov 12 20:06:42 EST 2009

Fellow CMC members-

On November 21 & 22 I'll be doing day climbs out of Onion Valley. Here is my tentative itinerary:

Friday: arrive by midnight at Onion Valley (9,200 feet) and sleep in the car (the campground is closed).

Saturday: Climb the class 3 West Face of Independence Peak (11,744 feet)
http://www.summitpost.org/route/158822/west-face.html
Drive down to Independence and eat dinner at a restaurant.
Sleep in the car again at Onion Valley.

Sunday: Climb the class 3 North Face of University Peak (13,632 feet)
http://www.summitpost.org/route/157190/north-face.html
Alternatively, if ambition is flagging, the class 2-3 South Ridge of Mt. Gould (13,005 feet)
http://www.summitpost.org/route/157920/south-ridge-off-of-kearsarge-pass.html

Let me know if you are interested. This is not a guided trip. Everyone must be self-sufficient. I anticipate lots of snow climbing, and will be bringing leather boots, crampons, and a mountaineering axe.

Adios,

Sam Page
jsamuelpage at earthlink.net

http://mountaineeringreview.blogspot.com/