[CMCEmail] Sikkim India 2009 (private trip)

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Dec 29 15:42:56 EST 2008

In 2007 I received an email similar to the one below and signed up. I am
glade I did. It was a great adventure that was very economical - cheap
- in a beautiful location. I encourage you to consider this trip. It's
an opportunity to trek in the shadow of Kanchanjunga in the Indian
Himalayas, the third highest peak in the world. I don't know much about
Chogal peak, but I believe it is about 19,000' and is a seldom climbed
trekking peak. Bruce can give you more beta. He runs a good trip. It
looks like the land cost, including all food, lodging, tips, cooks,
porters, land transportation, gifts, etc. - everything - should set you
back no more than about $1500 to $2,000 for 2 to 3 weeks for this trip,
plus air travel. Consider the opportunity. Tom Ritchie