[COG email blast] Beefsteak Dinner & Tricky Tray at Essex Manor

admin at bpcog.org admin at bpcog.org
Wed May 8 11:31:54 EDT 2013

Dear Members &
Friends of the Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green:

Occasionally the church
has a very special reason to send out an authorized “e-blast,”
and this time the occasion is a happy one.  Plans are in full-swing for an evening of dining and
entertainment to benefit our historic sanctuary renovation efforts.  This year’s
Beefsteak Dinner & Tricky Tray at
Essex Manor on Friday, June 7, 7PM, will be a
smashing success with your enthusiastic support!   In
addition to all-you-can-eat platters of steak served family style by
Nightingale Caterers, the $50 ticket includes beer, wine, soda, DJ
entertainment, and a very special guest performance by New Jersey’s
own Bobby Valli.

Will you help us by doing one or more
(or all!) of the following?

ü  Purchase your tickets today, so
we can report how quickly they are selling!

ü  Forward the attached event flyer
to friends, family and neighbors with a note inviting them to purchase
tickets.  (Be sure to
follow-up personally.)

ü  Post the event
flyer on your Facebook page, if you have one, and add a sentence or two
about why you hope your friends will attend.

ü  Pick up flyers or
lawn signs from the church office to post around town and at your place of
employment

ü  Ask your employer or other
business contacts to place an ad in the adbook.  (A Rates Sheet
is attached.  Deadline for ads is May
10.)  Even a $5
“booster ad” will help us reach our goal.

ü  Donate items for
a Tricky Tray, approximate value $25, around a theme of your choice.  Please drop off your Tricky Tray
items to the church by May
18 for the committee to prepare and wrap for
presentation.

ü  Play oldies music
from the ‘50s around the house, and get yourself in the mood for a
great evening benefitting an even greater cause!

Any questions?  Call the Church Office at
973-743-1796 and we will forward your query to the right person.

Thanks for helping us
fill the tables at our major fundraising effort of 2013.  Our historic sanctuary is in many
ways the cornerstone of Bloomfield itself, and is worth our very best
efforts to restore and preserve it for generations to come.

Sincerely,

The Fundraising Team

 Cathy Dalzell, Chairperson
John Bonnet