[COG email blast] CROP Walk 2009: It's not too late to donate!

Don Cornell webmaster at bpcog.org
Fri Oct 16 01:25:04 EDT 2009

To the Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green church family:

This Sunday, October 18th, Church on the Green is once again sending a team of walkers to the Montclair (Essex County) CROP Hunger Walk. CROP Hunger Walks help children and families worldwide -- and right here in Bloomfield -- to have food for today, while building for a better tomorrow. A portion of the funds raised by the Montclair CROP Walk is returned to the Church on the Green for the purchase of food for our Food Pantry.

Last year, Church on the Green walkers collected $2,325 - the second highest total of 19 groups participating in the Montclair Walk. Our goal for this year is $2,500. Please help us reach our goal by sponsoring our walkers. If you are attending worship this Sunday, you can visit the CROP Walk table and write a check or make a pledge.

NEW THIS YEAR: DONATE ONLINE! Just visit our team page on the Church World Service website at http://churchworldservice.org/goto/bpcog and select one of the names listed (not all walkers have elected to receive online donations). You can also choose to donate to the team as a whole by selecting the button "Support Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green". If you have any questions or concerns about online credit card donations, please e-mail me at webmaster at bpcog.org.

For more information about the Food Pantry at Church on the Green, please visit the Food Pantry page on our church website at http://www.bpcog.org/foodpantry.shtml.

Thanks for your support!
Don Cornell, webmaster

P.S. NEWS FLASH: the weather forecast for Sunday is "Rain, highs in the upper 40s." Brrr! Please be generous!