[COG email blast] Calendar from the Education and Program Committee

info at bpcog.org info at bpcog.org
Thu Aug 21 07:17:42 EDT 2008

Dear Members and Friends,
Below is the Education and Program calendar for the
first month of the program year. Spread the word and get
involved. If you have any questions. See Scott Maciag

Your Education and Program Committee

Catch the Spirit
Spread the Spirit
Education and Program Committee
August 2008- Here’s what’s happening

August 31- Church Fellowship BBQ/Picnic with Park
Methodist- Right after worship What did you sign up to
bring?

September 6- Yoga resumes
No, I said YOGA not TOGA!
It’s stressful living in NJ. Why not give it a chance?
See Eve Space

September 7- Program Year Kickoff Breakfast- All are invited.
Can you help cleanup?

Watch Carol do her magic with children’s music as she
starts a new year. Have ideas, thoughts and can help out?
See Carol or Scott

September 14- Step into our new Sunday school year in our
modified one room school house model. If you don’t know
.
Come to the breakfast and find out.

September 15- First night of our new book club. “The
Unfolding Mystery
Discovering Christ in the Old
Testament” See Glenn Maciag about this book. Want to
discuss a different book? See Eve Space

September 20- Everyone needs to support Harvestfest
activities- Wear your COG T- Shirt! See Susan or Don for
the full schedule. What are you doing on Harvestfest
weekend? Show church spirit. This is one weekend we do not
want to “Keep the Faith
We want to spread it!” How will
you spread it?

***October 4- A cannot miss once in a lifetime activity
on the atonement- Full day guest speaker –Rev. Rick
Phillips, Senior Pastor of Second Presbyterian Church in
Greenville, SC- There will be hymns /child care/lunch will
be served. Come learn about the atonement. Come hear the
new organ! We still need people to help with child care,
servers for lunch, a driver for the guest speaker.
Publicity has gone far and wide.

Advent Celebration
Information coming soon.

Programming, Programming, Programming
What new things
would be of interest to the community and congregation?
Let’s look outward. The responsibility belongs to all of
us!!

We have a Book Club
We have a youth group. The youth group needs your support!
Who would want to pass up an opportunity to influence
young folks once a week?
Want to start a walking club? Want a traditional Bible
study? Want a seminar/workshop on a topic? What are your
ideas?
We are exploring the possibility of reinstituting Friday
Family Fun Nights
We continue to seek out professional oversight of our
programmatic life.
Long term personal goal of the chairperson- Host a
children’s choir festival- Spring 2010

--
This service is provided by the Worship, Membership and
Evangelism Committee. Please spread the word to those who