[COG email blast] Progress report - interim period

Info info at bpcog.org
Mon Jul 28 15:18:16 EDT 2008

To Church on the Green members and friends:

The Presbytery of Newark has appointed Rick Summers, the senior pastor of the Caldwell Presbyterian Church, as moderator of our session until an interim pastor is hired by the session. He is on study leave until July 31. When he returns he will be in touch with Ethelyn Fulton, our clerk of session, to set a meeting date for the session to begin the process which will bring us an interim pastor. The role of the moderator is to work with the session which is responsible for the day to day running of programs and activities until an interim pastor is chosen. During the time we have a moderator, and until we have an interim pastor, if you have any pastoral needs - please call the church office. Marlene Sasso has a list of pastors who are willing to help us during this time of transition. Church members are asked to prayerfully think about who they would like to have serve on the Pastor Nominating Committee which will be elected by the congregation at a special meeting and will be charged with the responsibility of searching for and recommending our next full time pastor. If you would like information about the work of the Pastor Nominating Committee, or PNC as it is known, or if you would like to nominate yourself or another church member to serve on this committee - please contact Ethelyn Fulton. Session requests your prayers and support as we begin the work which will bring us a new pastor. Thank you.