[Hackrf-dev] Transmitting test signals

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:05:37 EDT 2020

Hi Doug,

The simplest way to do this is to generate an IQ data file with your C code
and then set up a GRC flowgraph which uses that file as a source and the
HackRF as a sink.

If you look at the web site where Mike talks about recording a signal and
then playing it back, it has all the elements (except you're generating the
signal not recording it)

As for the receiver side being 8 bits only, that is ~ 48dB of SNR. That is
fine for many many receivers. I'd say don't knock it until you try it :-).

--Chuck