[Hackrf-dev] Using hackrf as CCA noise generator

Mike Walters mike at flomp.net
Wed Apr 17 09:21:05 EDT 2019

Hi Ben,

The HackRF should be quite capable of doing that. I recommend using the
`osmocom_siggen` command-line tool that comes with gr-osmosdr. Run
`osmocom-siggen -s 20M` for full sample-rate, pick your frequency, set to
uniform noise, set whatever bandwidth you want, and raise the gains.

I've just tested it out here, here are a couple of pictures of my setup so
you know roughly what to expect: https://imgur.com/a/DcgIZPl

Cheers,
Mike