[Hackrf-dev] Firmware under Windows

James Brown Jim at SETI.Net
Mon Sep 24 16:02:06 EDT 2018

Thanks Dominic.
Worked great once I screwed up enough courage to commit to it.
Many a device has been rendered brick like at my hands.

From: Dominic Spill
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:40
To: James Brown
Cc: hackrf-dev
Subject: Re: [Hackrf-dev] Firmware under Windows

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 at 09:52, James Brown <Jim at seti.net> wrote:

> I would like to re-load the firmware on one of my HackRF One. I would like to do that under Windows 10 64 bit.

The first thing you'll need is a copy of the HackRF tools built for Windows.  I don't know if you're building your own or looking for precompiled binaries, but if it's the latter, you can find them included in the packages here: http://downloads.myriadrf.org/builds/PothosSDR/

> Has anyone done this? is there directions somewhere that I can’t seem to find?

Once you have the hackrf_spiflash tool, the usage is the same as any other platform:

hackrf_spiflash -w hackrf_usb.bin  (or whatever your firmware filename is)