[Hackrf-dev] Dead HackRF

James Brown Jim at SETI.Net
Sun Sep 16 13:59:44 EDT 2018

I’m trying to see if I can bring a HackRF back from the dead.
I tried the DFU boot but received this:

C:\dfu_util>dfu-util --device 1fc9:000c --alt 0 --download hackrf_one_usb.dfu
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

DFU suffix CRC does not match
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
No DFU capable USB device available

I then used Windows 10 Device Manager to find the HackRF on the USB Controller list.

“Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A USB port reset request failed.”
It looks like I have killed the USB chip itself. Is this replaceable? Which chip is it?
Thanks... Jim