[Hackrf-dev] Howto use GNURadio (with TUN device) for transparent TRX with hackRF (even Halfduplex)

Aydın ERASLAN aydin.eraslan at pavotek.com.tr
Wed Oct 3 05:11:06 EDT 2018

Dear Mailinglist,

I have recently (2-3 months ago) purchased two (qty. 2) HackRF One boxes. My idea was even when working in half duplex we wnted to use it ina  R2CP implementation.
For a suitable IP network extension over RF we decided to use 2 Raspberry Pi  3B's an attach to each Pi and HackRF.
We also wanted to extend the IP network (L3 not L2) over userspace to TUN device level and use GNU radio to make the TX/RX over 2 GNU radios.

Unfortunately beside of the famous tunnel.py sample there is no sample for the GNU radio howto use hackRF to transmit ip packets (at least UDP) to the other RF-HackRF-Pi device ?
Could you please guide me how I can do such a TX/RX implementation with TUN skins GNUradio and HackRF ? or just mention a link ?

Unfortunately there is no refs. İn maillist archive or FAQ as scottgadgets is mentioning.

Thx in advance
Aydin Eraslan