[Hackrf-dev] Dropped samples

Matt Holmes matt_holmes at hotmail.co.uk
Sat May 19 08:16:47 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I have created a transmitter using GRC with a hackrf one that sends a number of packets defined by a multiplier in the flow graph. To separate the packets I used a stream mux to multiplex Gaussian white noise at a minimal amplitude between them. During testing I noticed that either part or all of the first and last packet were missing. To overcome this I used a second stream mux to multiplex white noise to the beginning and end of the stream of packets.

I assume that there is a mismatch between the hardware being ready to receive samples and the software delivering them. I also noticed that the number of samples dropped increased when I changed the top block to no GUI.

Can anyone explain why this happens as although I have a workaround I would like to understand why samples are dropped. Also if anyone knows exactly how to calculate the number of dropped samples I could fine tune my transmitter.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Matt