[Hackrf-dev] Low pass filter lesson 1

Chuck McManis chuck.mcmanis at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:22:51 EDT 2018

Hi Matteo,

It is the difference between "baseband" and "RF". If you take an RF signal
that is at 100Mhz and has a bandwidth of 2.5Khz,  you can mix it with
another signal at 100Mhz and that will produce two outputs, one at 200Mhz,
and one at 0Mhz. It will still have a 2.5Khz bandwidth so on the low end it
will be between 0 and 2.5kHz so a low pass filter is needed.

This is the fundamental principle behind radios.

--Chuck