[Hackrf-dev] Hackrf1 with gnuradio 3.7.11 win64.msi

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:17:13 EDT 2018

On 12 June 2018 at 04:12, jf.devois at gmail.com <jf.devois at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a french physics teacher not a computer expert
> I use hackRf1 with grc  on a  Pentoo  Linux   USB stick boot      with my
students in electronics  since 2 years to measure emission reception levels
> with an hackrf1 for emission and a DBTV  USB stick for reception   both
on the same computer
> (I have been unable to install GRC  under a Linux system otherwise)
>
> I now try to use GRC/HackRF1   under Windows 7 ( which is my usual
computer system)
> The new .msi   gnuradio windows installation   3.7.11   works   in my
computer   under windows 7

Where did the .msi file come from?  could you give us a link to the
download?

> GRC works without using external  sources and sinks
> But   it doesn't   works   with Hackrf1  (osmocom source)    it creates a
python.exe  bug

> I tried with  the  DBTV  USB stick    rtlsdr source :  grc doesn't
communicate with the usb  ( null source instead)

> Do I need a pilot or something else  to run  osmocom and   rtlsdr sources
 with GRC  under windows 7?

I suspect this is because while the .msi contained GNU Radio, GRC, and
gr-osmosdr, it doesn't include the libraries required for using HackRF or
the RTL-SDR devices that gr-osmosdr uses.

I don't have much experience of using them, but I've heard good things
about the binary packages hosted here:
http://downloads.myriadrf.org/builds/PothosSDR/

Thanks,
  Dominic